The ramblings of someone from Sydney

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas!

Sorry everyone as it has been literally ages since I updated this blog. Like everyone starting a blog, you start off with a great frenzy then the regularity of the posts begins to diminish. Well I have started again and hopefully I can keep the momentum up.

Christmas is nearly upon us. Sadly in Sydney the run up to Christmas has been marked by racism and violence on our beaches. The flashpoint for this rioting has been Cronulla beach. Sun and too much alcohol have seen the human condition sink to its lowest. Hopefully, things start to get quieter as Christmas approaches.

On another matter, that has disgusted me this month that cannot go without mention, the execution of Van Nguyen in Singapore. Van Nguyen was executed by hanging in Singapore on the 2nd December 2005. Singapore has to be ashamed of itself using such an archaic punishment on this man. This man should have been punished, but not by death. State-sponsored murder should not be tolerated. Grow-up Singapore!

I am looking forward to Christmas and to have some time off. I fly to New Zealand on the 2nd January to catch up with my family. I also have a my cousin’s wedding in Auckland. This will be an excellent time to catch up with the extended family.

I promise to blog more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home